Monday, April 14, 2014

4.14.2014

Hello Family and Friends!!!!!

     
We have had a great week here, oh man it’s been a really great one...a bit stressful...but a great one! The source of our stress came from preparing a wedding and baptism in the same weekend, hahaha. For Hermana Fuentes and me, this was our first wedding to be a part of in the mission and our first baptism together. There is SO much to do, even for a simple wedding. However, even with the challenges of getting forms, copies, cake, etc. Everything came together nicely. They got married Friday and they look happy. I’m so happy for them!!! Their baptism was the following day. My companion and I had to clean the room for the ceremony, and clean the baptismal font...wow....SO dirty!! Haha. Luckily we only had to sweep up one cockroach. For both events we bought cake for everyone, but on Saturday Hermana Fuentes and I were fasting, so the cake was a bit of a temptation. But more than that, it is so, so, so humid here, so not getting to have liquids is a bit of a challenge. So when I was serving Coke and Fanta to everyone with these huge blocks of ice I thought....oh, that would be so great, but no! I didn’t give in!!
     
What made the baptism even more special was that one of our recent converts that helps us in our lessons baptized Marlin and Edwin. Before the baptism he waited outside and had the most worried look on his face. He was so nervous, but he did such a great job!!
      
I love being here and getting to know the people just a little bit more every time we see them. They are so kind, patient, and so loving. I feel more than blessed to be here, and to have already seen two baptisms in the mission! My companion was SO happy because this was her first family to baptize, and see married. Wow, how special!!
      
Honestly the teaching is coming along so much better. At first I was totally terrified and not knowing much to say, but now that I allow myself to relax more, the words just come out smoother. No, my conjugating is not always correct or understood, but the Spirit still testifies and I know our investigators have felt it. That’s something that I love...it doesn’t matter what language you speak or where you are from, the feelings of the Spirit in others’eyes is universal. I am grateful for that. Also, it gives me a chance to learn the doctrine in greater detail, and read people’s body language more. Haha when our investigators show no interest in praying or doing any of the commitments, sometimes I want to rest my hands on their shoulders and say, "Why don’t you want this? Do you not want every happiness in the world?!" Then I remember words of Jeffrey R. Holland, "President why is this so hard? Why don’t people just flock to the font?" Then he proceeds to explain the price that Christ had to pay for us. And he said that we must only pay a token of that same price. I keep reminding myself I will know everything I need to in time, and so will my investigators. I honestly have the best companion in the world! There are a lot of moments where it is difficult and people say to me they don’t understand, or they’d rather someone else give a prayer....but you know what? It doesn’t matter. I am doing what I can and I follow what President Hinckley said, that always gives me comfort, "Try a little harder to be a little better every day."
     
Yo se este Evangelio es verdadero. Por medio mis experiencias yo siento la amor de Dios y Jesucristo. Ellos son en mi corazon y mi guia en mi vida. Yo se tambien todos ensenanzas en el libro de Mormon son verdadero, porque de los sentimientos de el Espiritu Santo yo recibo en mis sentimientos y en mi alma. Jesus es mi luz y estoy muy agradecida ser un miembro de la Iglesia de Jesucristo de los Santo de los Ultimos Dias. Este Evangelio ha cambio mi vida para siempre. "Hasta ver, hasta ver para siempre Dios este con vos."
     
I love all of you so, so, so, so much and you are forever in my prayers! Have a spectacular week and as Hermana Fuentes says, "Smile forever!" :D


Love, Your Hermana Keri Chantel Stephenson

No comments:

Post a Comment