Monday, April 21, 2014

4.21.2014

Hello Hello Again!!!!!
     
It’s been an interesting week this week. Hermana Fuentes has major back problems, and I caught a heat rash. We are still able to do the work, but yesterday after church and lunch we came back to the apartment for the rest of the day. So, for Easter my companion and I watched Johnny Lingo in the apartment. We are allowed to watch films, as long as they are approved by the church. My rash has come down a little, but we think it might be that my skin isn’t used to the heat yet. I feel fine when we are out working, but when we come back to the house I have to re-apply cream. Fortunately this week the elders are going to get another kind for me that’s more affective. Don’t worry, I’m great, just got to wait for this strange rash to go away. :) I am so grateful that even when we have physical problems, we are given the strength to fulfill the work here. :)
     
We had a Fantastic contact this week!! His name is Jose. As soon as we contacted him we were able to teach a little lesson with him. While we were talking with him we found out that his wife died only two months ago. From my scripture study that morning, I had a strong prompting to share what I had learned about eternal families that morning. DyC 137:5-7 is what I shared with him. That through sacred baptismal ordinances in the temple we can be with our family together forever. After sharing this message with him my companion then asked him to be baptized, and he now has a baptismal date!! Wooo hooo!!!! Normally when we contact people and give a mini lesson we share parts of the Plan of Salvation or The Restoration, but that day I felt prompted to share something totally different. I’ve noticed the Holy Ghost is coming through me more when I speak to people and teach them. I feel like my role as a missionary really blossomed this week! I don’t feel quite as nervous anymore. My companion says I am osada, wow, she is so kind! Osada means bold.
     
Hermana Fuentes truly is my miracle here, I love her so much. There are moments where I feel so alone when people are speaking, laughing, and having a great time, and I have no idea what is going on. However, Hermana Fuentes is always helping me to understand and including me all the time! She is so serviceable and does the kindest things for me, that at times I feel that I do not deserve it. But she has proven me wrong. She is this big ray of sunshine and puts so much trust in me when we teach. I love the connections we are able to have as a companionship. Hehe, so we have a lot of things in common. She and I both have a love for cats, and our favorite cat happens to be the same one...Garfield. She loves to sing, play piano, make cards for people, and clean. WOW! Talk about similar. She is a great trainer, we’re a great team, and I hope we can have another baptism together before we have different companions.
     
Okay, so we’re doing better at achieving the mission goal, and one day this week we got our 20 contacts we needed, plus in the same day with taught and visited with 7 people, and received 5 new investigators!!! When we got home I felt this exhaustion of accomplishment and I felt so good!!! Well, before we reached the goal of contacting 20 people, the night was almost over and we only had 13 contacted. So, as we were making our way to the house I prayed to myself as we walked if we could at least have one more contact. And just like that we approached a family of 6, and then one more person after that. Wow, Heavenly Father really and truly blesses us! We just need to have the faith in Him to do it! Before, I thought that for me to receive an answer was only getting the feeling from the Holy Ghost. But in my experience here, essential for us to have faith is just to do it, take action. The faith we need is the faith we put into doing something, even if we don’t know what is going to happen.
     
I am so grateful to be here and learn so much within only one week! Every day is little by little and we are truly blessed. I love all of you and for the sacrifices you are making to have me be here! I love you all and have a freakin’ fantastic week!!!!!

I really want to send photos to you but there isn’t a way for me to see them before sending them, so it’s random. AH! I’ll try next again next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment