Wednesday, June 4, 2014

6.2.2014

Hello!!!!!
     
Wow, this is my last week of training, and this week I will have completed four months in the mission, I can´t believe it!! My main struggle right now is understanding the addresses of people´s homes when they give them. They aren´t exactly the same as they are in the U.S. and even in Utah I get lost and am confused. The roads don´t have consistent signs, so if we are working in a more unfamiliar part of our area, I have no idea what to do. I also don´t know when a new area starts or where one begins. The first district leader, Elder Putt, told me that it comes with time, and not to stress. :)  He was a great first leader for me to have, and really truly helped me to be at ease in the work. Many challenges, but knowing that things will come in their time is a huge comfort to me. 
     
So, unfortunately we haven´t seen Marcela at all these past two weeks...we have stopped by her house several times but she hasn´t been there. I know she is working and going to school, so I figure it´s the timing. However, we have a very positive investigator I would like to tell you about. His name is Yamil Barrios, he´s seventeen years old, and lives in a house with a lot of family. Hehe, how fun! :)  We met him over a month ago, as a reference from a man we met in the street. That first day we met him we found out that he had some lessons with other sister missionaries before. He had come to church before with the other sister missionaries, but he didn´t progress or want to get baptized in that time, so they had to drop him and move on. Well, this last Saturday when we went to teach him, we talked to him about his baptismal date for this month...he then started to share his testimony about the church. Wow, the Spirit was really indescribable and when I asked him if he would attend church with us this Sunday he didn´t even hesitate to say yes! Wow!!!! I hadn´t mentioned him before because we didn´t see a lot of progression from the beginning, but look at him now!
     
The mission is where I know I am supposed to be right now. :)  I get these little moments each day that show me that I really am making a difference. Some days I feel like I made none at all, but I know in my heart that when I work really hard to choose the right and be even more diligent and obedient in the work I see changes. Maybe not grand changes in others, but the work itself I can see a difference. I see my life expand more each day of how I want to live and what I want to do, all the time. I know that I always want to be a missionary, just like Uncle Bob Thompson was, and how brave he was to always share his testimony his whole life. He truly lived the life of a missionary, just like Jesus Christ did. They are both my inspiration all the time, as are all of you. Thank you to all of you who are supporting me in every imaginable way. I love you all so much and have a great week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love, Your Hermana Stephenson :)

No comments:

Post a Comment