Monday, July 7, 2014

7.7.2014

Hello! 
     
From the pictures Mom sent, it looks like everyone is having such a great time in Salmon, woo hoo! I hope everyone had a happy Fourth of July! Even though I didn`t celebrate it here, I wore red, white and blue anyways. :) There are so many fun memories I have of Salmon with so much of the family! It will be exciting to go again someday. :) I just would like to express so much thanks to all of you who are supporting me here in the mission. I`m so grateful to be in such a safe place and to know that I can go buy food every week for my companion and I. 
     
Well, this letter will be quite brief, since there isn't tons of things to tell this week....hmm...something exciting for the mission is that President Russell set a goal for the mission to achieve 200 baptisms in the month of June. That goal was met by everyone`s efforts here in the mission! Wow! I was feeling extremely down that Hermana Romero and I weren`t a help in that, but we are going to do what we can to help someone reach baptism this month. It`s difficult to see people progressing one minute, and then the next they don`t want anything to do with the church. 

I know people have their choices from what we teach them, but I can`t help but feel that I didn`t exhort enough effort. However, something I forgot to mention is that Yamil Barrios, the investigator Hermana Fuentes and I had in Rivas, he got baptized the week we had changes! Hermana Fuentes told me it was a beautiful baptism. I hope he is doing alright and staying faithful to his covenants.
    
A lot of this week has been finding new people to teach, since the small little group of investigators we had have not been progressing. It`s becoming a lot easier to teach now, more natural, less nervewracking (not sure that is correct spelling). I am able to feel the Holy Ghost a lot more frequently now, and when we are teaching people day to day, the words of inspiration are flowing out nicer. All I truly want to do is become a teacher and leader like Jesus Christ was. It`s difficult to be fair with myself, or forgiving of myself, but Hermana Romero is showing me how. It`s hard not to beat yourself up when you can`t see progress being made. However, this week is a new week and I am feeling ready for the new challenges we will face. 

Something great that happened yesterday was that for the first time in all my mission I was able to understand a lot of what the people were saying in church. Before, it honestly felt like I was just sitting, listening, only getting a few words. I am grateful it`s a bit easier to understand now when people are talking, and when I am reading in Spanish. The Lord is very merciful to me, and each day I am understanding, and enjoying more fully the fruits of His Atonement. Love you!

Love, Hermana Stephenson

No comments:

Post a Comment